Being a parent with social anxiety means we stay home a lot and to pass the time we’ll snuggle up and watch some kids TV. Since Harper has got a little older, she’s started to show an interest in TV before it was just on in the background but now she will actually sit down and watch a show with me.
Her current favourites are shimmer and shine along with Paw Patrol. After the mummy finger song and stick song these probably have catechist opening credit songs and sentences.
They are FOREVER stuck in my head, Go to bed singing paw patrol wake up singing about two genies in a bottle. Anyway since its now a part of my life questioning what happened to children’s TV I thought I’d share some of the things that REALLY confuse me.
Lets get down to the questions
1. Lets start with Shimmer and shine, Why don’t Shimmer, Shine, Leah or Zac have parents?! How do shimmer and shine afford that massive castle? What actually is Zetas problem? Surely if an adult in the real world was causing that much mayhem around young people there would be a problem? In Zahramay Falls no one gives a shit.
2. Lets next go to Fireman Sam, WHAT HAPPENED!? He’s currently looking like he’s had some very expensive work done. Why is Norman such a dick? Does literally no one in Children TV land tell their kids to stop being dickheads?
3. Next up! Paw Patrol. Again Ryder has no parents, why are fully grown adults relying on puppies to get them out of hair-raising situations? If I was stuck in a tree the last thing I’d think of calling was my dog she’d probably piss on the tree anyway and walk off. What is Mayor Humdingers problem? I feel like he needs a big old hug.
4. WHAT HAPPENED TO NODDY? That is all I must ask on that one.
5. Ben & Holly’s Little Kingdom, Why aren’t there any male fairy children? There is like one girl elf child too whats going on!? I think that’s my only problem with Ben and Holly.
6. Peppa Pig – Need I say more? We are a 99% free pig household occasionally she might pop on the TV if I’m in another room but it lasts all of 10 seconds before I run and jump on the remote. Firstly Peppa is a dick, George is a dick, mummy pig is a bit of a bitch isn’t she? I feel a bit sorry for Daddy Pig.
I feel like children’s TV now is just a big old CGI mess I mean they have massively enhanced the educational side from when I was a kid but some of the situations often leave me feeling slightly like the mind blown emoji.
Whats your thoughts on children tv? It’s no Recess, Catdog or Ren and stumpy is it?
My final question. What happened to the Tweenies?