Making time for your other half is so important. Especially when you have children. Date night is something that is often pushed to the bottom of the pile.
Adam and I rarely get out of the house for date night by the time he gets home from work, dates are our last thought and falling into a pile on the sofa is normally our first thought. We’re very tired people and I’ll admit I don’t put as much effort into our relationship now like I did in the early days.
I am trying to change that though so here are my 5 simple date night ideas to re find your spark.
5 simple date night ideas
- Box sets! Adam and I love a box set and we love binge watching. It’s not something we do a lot because we really struggle to agree on what to watch. We smashed through Game of Thrones in 6 weeks though and 2 series of the Santa Clarita diet took us 4 days. We’ve just started the Handmaids Tale its so intense!
- Special dinner! I love cooking and I’ve recently got back into experimenting in the kitchen so making a nice dinner just for Adam and I is something I try to do every month. It’s the one time I make sure the TV is off and we just sit around our make shift table and talk about whats going on in our lives at the moment.
- Dog walk and chippy tea! This is one of my favourite date night ideas because it’s also something we do as a family. Every other friday to saturday Harper goes to stay with my parents so it’s a great excuse to give the dog some attention and get out just the two of us. We only live down the road from a chip shop so we stop in on our way.
- Game night! Adam HATES board games, he’s been known to have a mantrum over monopoly, but we do love a game night whether its stop the bus (we’re super competitive) He loves playstation and recently bought sims for us to play together mainly because Fifa makes me bit stabby.
- Taking time to reconnect! Not just in that way 😉 Now I know that doesn’t seem like a date night but as parents especially I think we sometimes forget that our relationships are super important and ones we want to be positive for the sake of our children. Always take an hour just to check in and reconnect once a week. You’ll probably find out new stories you never even knew!
So there it is! My 5 simple date night tips! Whats your favorurite thing to do for date night or do you not do them? I would love to know in the comments!
Have a lovely weekend