I’ve been blogging for a little over 6 months now, so I thought I’d do a blog about what I’ve learnt in my first few months it’s something I wish I had read before starting but I just decided to throw myself into the deep end. A lot of this blog will cover Instagram as that is my main social media platform.
- The follow-unfollow game is real, It can be really disheartening when you get followed by someone and days later they are gone, It happens sometimes Instagram will randomly delete followers but real moment, there’s some people out there who will follow you just to get you to follow them back.
- Its competitive, you’re not the only one doing what you’re doing, you’re going against thousands of other people all trying to sell their brand try not to get to caught up in the competitive side.
- Instagram has an algorithm, it sucks it used to run in chronological order but then all of the sudden Instagram went that’s enough of that, you miss posts from people you like, won’t see recent posts for maybe ten hours and will only see a some of your followers and vice verse
- Use hashtags, it’s a brilliant way to connect with others using the same hashtags as you.
- You’ll meet some absolutely incredible people! Social media is a funny old world, you can meet people who you’ll consider your close friends and that you can talk to about anything.
- You’ll come across trolls, People who want to bring you down, people who think whatever you’re doing is wrong just because they disagree with it.
- It’s ok to block people. If someone is doing something you don’t like or has said something you don’t like, Hit that block button, you don’t need to justify your reasons to anyone.
- You need to interact with people! I know that sounds absolutely terrifying and it is. It’s something I’ve only started doing recently myself, anxiety kicks in a lot but you need to over come it to make yourself known.
- Write about what you love, If it excites you or if you’re passionate about it share it with the world!
- Be authentic.
So they are ten of the things I have learnt in my first 6 months. I’m loving the little community I have built for myself and I’m excited to carry on with this adventure.